Introducing our Evaluation Booster Pack!
To support you in developing your evaluation exam technique, the team at EzyEconomics have been busy putting together an Evaluation Pack to help give your grades one final boost ahead of the summer's examinations. This pack provides you with some general tips to develop good exam technique, as well as evaluating 40 different economics topics. This guide is relevant for any student sitting the AQA, Edexcel or OCR exams in the summer.
The task of mastering the art of evaluation (AO4) and integrating it into the body of any economics essay is an incredibly daunting prospect under the time pressure of an exam. This is because evaluation requires you to go slightly beyond the basic "textbook" analysis and begin to think critically outside the box; just like a real-world economist would do.
As part of developing this exam technique, you need to be able to:
- Question the basic assumptions that bind together conventional economic theory and assess whether there are alternative outcomes that can prevail.
- Consider whether the effects in the long-run differ from the effects in the short-run.
- Assess who are the ultimate 'winners' and 'losers' of the policy or shock you are analysing.
- Quantify the significance, persistence, duration and sustainability of these effects on economic agents and the real economy.
- Discuss whether there are alternative factors that can either increase or reduce the significance of this effect.
- Bring in real-world data to either support or critique the points that you have made.
To download the full 'Evaluation Booster Pack' please complete the form below.